CBD Cooking is Easy, Healthy & Fun. Dive right in!
One of the easiest and tastiest ways to take CBD oil is simply to eat it.
Cannabidiol, or CBD, oil has become increasingly popular for its potential therapeutic effects, ranging from stress management to skincare. CBD is available in a variety of forms. These include pills, capsules, and edibles, but oils and tinctures allow for more customised CBD dosage, and the ability to easily add cannabidiol to your cooking.
Cooking with CBD oil not only helps to cover up the flavour of the compound, but also makes the overall process more fun. CBD cooking and baking is easy, but it can still be a bit tricky for first-timers. Here are some tips and recipes to get you started.
CBD Cannot Be Added In Alone
CBD needs to be infused into a fat or oil-based ingredient.
Try butter, ghee, lard, or coconut oil, before it can be used in your cooking. In some recipes, alcoholic spirits (vodka, rum, whiskey) can replace the fat component. Avoid wine and beer, which won’t act as great carriers for CBD oil because they are water-based.
CBD can be a bit of a fickle ingredient when it comes to temperatures.
Warming the oil can increase CBD’s effectiveness, but higher temperatures can kill some of the active components. CBD will begin to evaporate at temperatures higher than 320 to 356 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not place your CBD oil on direct heat.
Heating the oil at too high temperatures can result in the loss of terpenes, which are compounds that work in conjunction with CBD to increase its overall effects. Heating CBD too high also tends to bring out more of its bitterness.
Stir As Much As Possible
From guacamole to chocolate chip cookies to soups, make sure you stir in the CBD oil as much as possible, more than you might even think. This ensures that CBD is evenly distributed throughout the batch so that every bite offers equal potency.
Cooking With CBD Is Better Than Drizzling CBD
It’s always recommended that you mix the oil into your ingredients for optimal flavours, but if you are in a rush, you can drizzle the oil directly onto your food. It won’t taste as good, but you can still get the desired effects.
1 tsp. CBD oil
1 tsp. salt
½ cup diced onion
3 tbs. chopped cilantro
2 diced roma tomatoes
1 tsp. minced garlic
1. In a bowl, mash up the avocados. Add the salt, lime juice, and CBD oil.
2. Mix in the other vegetables, and add cayenne pepper, more salt, or other seasonings to taste.
CBD Guacamole Dip
Chicken Salad With CBD Infused Lemon Dressing
2 tbsp olive oil
4 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless, sliced
Zest and juice 1½ lemons
2 tsp clear honey
1 ripe avocado, finely sliced
½ cucumber, sliced
Cherry Tomatoes sliced
100g radishes, finely sliced
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
You can infuse the dish with extra CBD oil by using this as part of the rub for your chicken. More specifically, you can infuse this with vegetable oil, salt and pepper to increase your dose, without compromising the integrity of the dish.
1. Start by rubbing 2 tablespoons of olive oil over your chicken pieces and then season with salt and black pepper.
2. Heat your chicken in a frying pan of a medium-high heat for around 10 minutes, turning regularly to ensure that each piece browns evenly. Once your chicken is cooked, set this aside in a large salad bowl for cooling.
3. When it comes to making your CBD-infused lemon dressing, simply mix a tablespoon is Dijon mustard with lemon zest and around two tablespoons of lemon juice.
4. Then add one-quarter cup of mayonnaise and up to two cloves of garlic (depending on taste), before infusing the mix with a dose of CBD oil. Stir your dressing until this is emulsified, seasoning with salt and pepper
5. Add your choice of chopped vegetables to the mix, with cucumber, radishes and avocado adding taste and texture in equal measure
6. Lastly add your chicken and then serve
These recipes highlight just how easy it is to introduce CBD oil and isolates into your diet. Creating simplistic dishes enable even the most novice of chefs to optimise their diets and realise the full potential of Cannabidiol as a general aid to well being.
As you get more familiar with using CBD oil in your cooking, you can adjust recipes and create custom dishes of your own that taste great and offer the benefits of CBD.
CBD Chocolate Chip Cookies
0.5 oz. unflavored CBD oil
3 cups of flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
½ tsp. salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup softened butter
2 tsp. hot water
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Add flour to the batter until fully combined. Dissolve the baking soda in the hot water and stir into the batter along with the salt.
3. Fold in the chocolate chips
4. Place parchment paper onto a baking sheet and spoon batter onto the sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each dollop.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies appear golden brown.